Real-time Tap ticker. current Growlers on tap: We recently expanded to 24 taps!
- Black Abbey Barrel Aged Fortress
- | Fat Bottom Barrel Aged Bertha ($9.99)
- | Goose Island Matilda ($18.99)
- | Green Flash East Village Pilsner ($10.99)
- | Jackalope Rompo Red Rye
- | Lagunitas Daytime A Fractional IPA
- | Oskar Blues Gubna ($18.99)
- | Sam Adams 13th Hour Stout ($18.99)
- | Sam Adams Double Pilsner ($16.99)
- | Sam Adams Fat Jack Double Pumpkin ($17.99)
- | Sam Adams Nitro Stout
- | Sam Adams Rebel IPA ($9.99)
- | Sam Adams The Vixen ($16.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Canfusion Rye Bock f. Oskar Blues ($9.99)
- | Starr Hill All Access Black IPA ($10.99)
- | Starr Hill Boxcar Pumpkin Porter
- | Starr Hill Grateful Pale Ale
- | Sweetwater 420 Extra Pale Ale
- | Tennessee Brew Works Sour Roses ($17.99)
- | Turtle Anarchy Soulless Saison
- | Victory Red Thunder ($11.99)
- | Yazoo Fall Lager
- | Yazoo Hefeweizen
- | Yazoo Pale Ale
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Alias Named Top 10 Wine Under $10.
- Alias succeeds in delivering "Best Buys" with surprisingly good wine for the price. Wine Enthusiast Magazine called the 2012 Cab one of their "Top 10 Wines Under $10".
- Alias 2013 California Wines $8.99/750 ml.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is big, with a plethora of dark fruit and a smooth texture. The nose starts with more tea and tobacco, but as it opens up, the big, dark fruit and cocoa notes rise up. Blackberry, dried cherry, and chocolate are dominant on the palate. The combination of French and American oak adds vanilla, toast and toffee notes, but the wood component is subtle. Then the eucalyptus and violets linger on the end. The finish lasts forever with a wonderful cherry-blackberry pie character.
- Chardonnay displays aromas of lemons, peaches, banana, tropical fruits, creaminess, a hint of coconut and vanilla oak. All those great citrus and tropical fruit characters come together in a creamy, crisp, lushness on the tongue. Just enough oak and malolactic fermentation. 13.6% ABV.
- Secret Agent Red is a blend of 40% Zinfandel, 28% Merlot, 27% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Syrah. The textures are smooth and enjoyable without heavy tannins or heat. The Cab give a great hit upfront. The Zin and Syrah expand the mid-palate. The Merlot adds a smooth, long finish. Floral aromas of dusty rose petals and violets balance beautifully with the plum and strawberry notes. The floral and fruit balance is consistent on the palate with plum, strawberry, and bright fruit flavors with strong notes of rose water, squash blossom, and earth. 13.7% ABV.
- For more fall wine buys, check our Wine Features page.
Smuttynose arrived from New Hampshire.
- Smuttynose Bouncy House IPA is a sessionable low-alcohol, high-flavor, hoppy American ale. 4.9% ABV. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Shoals Pale Ale is a copper-colored ale, medium-bodied and highly hopped. Its flavor is delightfully complex: tangy fruit at the start, with an assertive hop crispness and a long malty palate that one well-known beer writer has compared to the flavor of freshly-baked bread. 5% ABV. Ratebeer 86. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Vunderbar! Pilsner is an elegantly refreshing pilsner created with German malt balanced with the spicy tang of Czech Saaz hops. The bread and biscuit flavors of the grain are topped with the floral character of the Noble hop, which may just get you to shimmy into your favorite lederhosen. $9.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- More Fall beer features here.
Smooth, Rich Esprit Orange Liqueur.
- Esprit Orange Liqueur is an exceptionally smooth and flavorful orange liqueur with a base of A. Hardy VSOP Cognac. Esprit Classique is distilled in small pot stills from orange peels imported from the island of Curacao. It has a smooth and rich taste that is truly distinctive, and it's presented in decorative bottles that are filled by hand. $19.99/750 ml.
- For more fall liquor buys, check our Liquor Features page.
New & Improved Frugal MacDoogal Nashville.
- Introducing the new and improved open-concept Frugal's. The finishing touches may be continuing for a while as your shopping experience is now greatly improved. The "wall" between the beer and wine/liquor side is no more. You buy everything at once, faster and easier. If you haven't seen the changes in person, this month's newsletter provides a tour of all the enhancements. Read Ed Young's newsletter here.