Currently on tap: (8.99/64 oz. growler fill except where noted)
- Atwater Vanilla Java Porter (11.99)
- | Ayinger Maibock (14.99)
- | Calfkiller J. Henry Original Mild (9.99)
- | Cool Springs Frugal Mac Barrel Aged Wee Heavy (29.99)
- | Dogfish Head 60 Minute (11.99)
- | Evil Twin Hop Flood (14.99)
- | Evil Twin Lil' B (16.99)
- | Founders Blushing Monk 2015 (21.99)
- | Founders Double Trouble (17.99)
- | Harpoon UFO Raspberry Hefeweizen (7.99)
- | Mayday Berry Blonde (9.99)
- | New Belgium Hop Kitchen Hop Tart (10.99)
- | New Holland White Hatter (11.99)
- | Off Color Troublesome (12.99)
- | Ommegang Witte (12.99)
- | Rivertown Lil' SIPA (9.99)
- | Samuel Adams Boston Lager (sale 6.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Nooner Pilsner
- | Southern Prohibition Mississippi Fire Ant (10.99)
- | Tennessee Walk the Lime
- | Turtle Anarchy Red Ale
- | Wiseacre Dr Gibbler Smoked Helles (9.99)
- | Yazoo Hefeweizen
- | Yazoo Hop Project IPA
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Predators Hot Shots Bourbon, Whiskey and Bourbon Festival is August 1st.
- The Nashville Predators 2015 Hot Shots Bourbon, Whiskey and Bourbon Festival is right around the corner, following up on the successful Wine Festival and Beer Festival. These events raise money for the Nashville Predators Foundation which provides funding for local charities.
- Unlimited bourbon and whiskey tastings; Over 12 full servings from the area's best hot chicken restaurants participating in the event; complimentary Predators tickets and more. Tickets are $60 all inclusive or $40 Food Only. Reserve your tickets now.
Wines for July.
- Bogle Chardonnay 2013 is exceptional for the price. Beverage Testing Institute rated it 91 points, best buy. "Aromas and flavors of grilled pineapple, honey, and apple pie with a silky, tangy, fruity medium body and a smooth, medium-length finish with notes of nut with well-integrated tannins and moderate oak." 13.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Also, Bogle Merlot 2013. 8.99/750 ml.
- Bogle Essential Red 2013 is a blend of 31% Old Vine Zinfandel, 19% Syrah, 24% Cabernet Sauvignon and 26% Petite Sirah, barrel aged in French and American oak. Rich, ripe, luscious and juicy. 13.5% ABV. 9.99/750 ml.
- Also, Bogle Cabernet Sauvignon 2013, Petite Syrah 2013, Old Vine Zinfandel 2013. 9.99/750 ml.
- Barefoot Bubbly. Select Brut, Moscato Spumante, Pink Moscato, Pinot Grigio Champagne. 8.99/750 ml.
- Joel Gott and Dave Phinney Shatter Grenache, Maury France 2012. 92 points Robert Parker's Wine Advocate. "Aged in French oak (a small part being new) and hitting 15.6% natural alcohol, this sexy, full-bodied, pedal-to-the-metal effort bears plenty of resemblance to the old-vine, 100% Grenache efforts coming from Chateauneuf du Pape. Kirsch liqueur, blackberry, toasted spice, garrigue and hints of vanilla bean all flow nicely to a seamless, silky, yet decadently styled red that has fine tannin, and a blockbuster, heady finish. It will certainly not appease those looking for lightweight aromas and flavors, but count me a fan. The oak is still present, so give it a year in bottle; it will drink nicely for another 5-6 years." 23.99/750 ml.
- 2014 Zac Posen Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio offers light citrus and delicate floral aromas, tropical fruit flavors and a crisp, refreshing finish. 87% Pinot Grigio, 13% Chardonnay. 12.5% ABV. 8.99/750 ml.
- Ecco Domani partnered with Zac Posen to create this limited edition designer bottle. The charismatic designer is a favorite among the Hollywood set, crafting looks favored by stylish celebs such as Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, Natalie Portman, Rihanna and Gwyneth Paltrow. Says Posen, "This is such an exciting project because it weaves together my work as a fashion designer and my passion for food, cooking and entertaining."
The Whiskey Aisle.
- Jefferson's is a great value in very small batch Kentucky bourbon, curated and sourced through industry star Trey Zoeller. But in this case, you have the rare opportunity to tap into single barrels provided exclusively through Frugal MacDoogal Nashville, at the same price.
- Jefferson's Very Small Batch Frugal Barrel C-153. 27.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade Bourbon. 33.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade 9 year-old Sherry Finish Bourbon. 72.99/750 ml.
- Belle Meade 9 year-old Single Barrel Frugal's Selection Bourbon. 55.99/750 ml.
- Peg Leg Porker Tennessee Bourbon. 33.99/750 ml.
- High West Whiskeys are finished and bottled in Park City, Utah.
- The 36th Vote Barreled Manhattan. 74 Proof. 42.99/750 ml.
- Campfire. 59.99/750 ml.
- American Prairie. 35.99/750 ml.
- Bourye. 72.99/750 ml.
- Rendezvous Rye 54.99/750 ml.
- Double Rye! 34.99/750 ml.
Jackalope's Rompo in Cans. Yeah!
- Jackalope Brewery has just introduced their flagship Rompo Red Rye Ale in cans. Rompo is an Irish Red with a Tennessee twist, flaked rye added to the mash. Rompo is a very smooth drinking brew with notes of fruit and caramel, while the rye contributes a spicy and clean finish. IBU-22. 5.6% ABV. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
Black Abbey Barrel-aged Champion.
- Black Abbey Barrel-aged Champion was just released, a Frugal exclusive, because we supplied the whiskey barrel. These are individually bottled, by hand, creating an exclusive single barrel bottle-conditioned product in 750 ml bottles with cork closures. Only 7 cases produced. 15.99/750 ml.
North Coast Brewing is Back.
- North Coast Brewing is back in Nashville.
- Select from Pranqster Belgian Style Golden or Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. 4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Blackstone Strawberry Picnic is a fresh new Summer ale brewed with strawberries. Drink berry local. 4.8% ABV. 8.59/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Oskar Blues Dale's Pale. 9.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans. 17.99/12-pack.
- Caldera Lawnmower Lager. 7.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
CSB Frugal Macs Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy Ale.
- CSB Frugal Macs Bourbon Barrel Aged Wee Heavy Ale was brewed January 20, 2014 at Cool Springs Brewery for Frugal's. In fact, we helped brew this special batch all day and provided the bourbon barrel for 15 months aging. It's been a long time coming and it turned out to be a delicious collaboration. Limited. 12% ABV. IBU-7. 19.99/22-ounce bottle.
Darn Good Barrels.
- Henry McKenna 10-year old Bond Bourbon Single Barrel #1295. Wine Enthusiast 90-95 points. Delicious old school 100-proof Kentucky Bourbon from Heaven Hill. Come and get it. 32.99/750 ml.
- Frugal's hand selected barrel of Crown Royal is here. From the Coffey Rye Still in Manitoba. 103 proof. "Flavorful creamy and fruity notes of banana, combined with rich oak undertones." Crown Royal Hand Selected Barrel. 47.99/750 ml.
Ed Young: Deciphering Brandy, Cognac & Armagnac.
- What do you do after a wonderful meal when you are at peace with the world? Many of us top off such an occasion with a snifter of cognac, or armagnac, and a good cigar. Our friends who are not familiar with the pleasures of the world's most notable brandies may have wondered just what those bottles hold that so many find so special. Or maybe you are just not sure what brandy, cognac, and armagnac are. This month we are setting the record straight. Read it here.