Currently on tap: (8.99/64 oz. growler fill except where noted)
- Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager (9.99)
- | Black Abbey Chapter House
- | Black Abbey Crossroads
- | Czann's Pale Ale
- | Founders All Day IPA (9.99)
- | Founders Black Rye (14.99)
- | Founders Devil's Dancer (18.99)
- | Hofbrau Original (9.99)
- | Left Hand Great Juju (14.99)
- | Little Harpeth Chicken Scratch
- | Little Harpeth Hibernation
- | Mayday Boro Blonde
- | Napa Smith Organic IPA ($9.99)
- | Off Color Troublesome (10.99)
- | Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's (11.99)
- | Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback IPA (9.99)
- | Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America Tater Ridge (10.99)
- | Starr Hill Northern Lights IPA (9.99)
- | Terrapin Liquid Bliss (9.99)
- | Turtle Anarchy Soulless Saison
- | Yazoo Hefeweizen
- | Yazoo Helles Bock
- | Yazoo Onward Stout
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Pickers Vodka from West Nashville's SPEAKeasy Spirits.
- The West Nashville-based distillery that makes Whisper Creek and Pennington's Strawberry Rye is just out with Pickers Vodka. And this new vodka is coming from the Company's brand new state-of-the-art distillation column, 22 feet tall with revolutionary features that make it perform even better. This may be the cleanest as well as the most local vodka, two great reasons to try it. Also, the mash bill is non-GMO corn and the product is gluten free.
- Pickers flavored vodkas are made with real fruit juice and extracts, including real, California-grown blood orange juice. "The first thing you'll notice when you taste Pickers Blueberry and Blood Orange is that it is made using real fruit, which produces a light pulp and vibrant color in the vodka. The nose is bursting with fruit flavors," said co-founder, Jenny Pennington.
- Pickers Vodka, Original, Blood Orange, Blueberry. 22.99/1.75 Liter.
Goliath Wine Under 5.
- Rex is all about letting BOLD fruit flavors express themselves in an easy-to-drink, worry-free fashion. Especially at under 5 bucks.
- Rex Goliath Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon 4.99/750 ml.
- Rex Goliath Pinot Grigio or Chardonnay 4.99/750 ml.
Staff Favorite in a Box: Prado.
- Prado Red or White. 18.99/3-Liter Box. (equivalent to 4-750 ml. bottles)
- Nashville Scene's Chris Chamberlain recently wrote, "It's My Wine in a Box" - Wine Wednesday Column, 1/28/15. "Red is a surprisingly complex wine with lots of red fruit on the nose and dusty tannins on the finish." "White demonstrates some really nice citrus notes that play nicely with food, especially seafood."
- Made by the Quinta do Cerrado winery in the Dao region of Portugal. Red blends Touriga National and Tempranillo (Tinto Roriz). White is a blend of Encruzado, Cercial and Malvasia-Fina grapes.
Corona De Mayo $10 Mail-in Rebate on Casa Noble Tequila.
- Casa Noble Blanco Tequila is made from ORGANIC blue agave grown in the hills of Jalisco, Mexico - a region known for its unique soil that produces very high quality agave. 34.99/750 ml.
- Corona Extra or Light. 17.49/12-pack bottles or cans.
- Buy a Corona 12-pack and a 750 ml bottle of Casa Noble Tequila, mail in the original register receipt and UPC codes, and receive a $10 rebate check. Purchase by May 5th, 2015. Must be postmarked by 5/20/15. Original forms available in the store.
Dogfish Head is Back!
- Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA has been called "perhaps the best IPA in America" by Esquire. Tasting notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiny, citrusy. Ratebeer 100, Beer Advocate 95. IBU-90. 9% ABV. 10.99/4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Dogfish Head Aprihop is fruit beer for hopheads. Aprihop is an American IPA brewed with Pilsner and Crystal malts. It's massively hopped in the continuous fashion, and the flavor is complemented by the addition of apricot juice. Seasonal April-May availability. Tasting notes: Fruity, citrusy, cedar, thirst-quenching. Ratebeer 93. IBU-50. 7% ABV. 9.99/4-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- Dogfish Head Indian Brown is the original hybrid, a cross between a Scotch Ale, an India Pale Ale and an American Brown. The beer has characteristics of each style that inspired it: the color of an American Brown, the caramel notes of a Scotch Ale, and the hopping regimen of an India Pale Ale. Tasting notes: Molasses, coffee, ginger, Raisinettes, chocolate. Ratebeer 98, Beer Advocate 92. IBU-50. 7.2% ABV. 11.99/6-pack 12-ounce bottles.
Yes You Can Drink Rosé
- Charles and Charles Rosé 2014 displays wild red fruit of strawberry, raspberry and Bing cherry, interwoven with Herbs de Provence and grass, a touch of citrus and an even greater presence of minerality. Blend: Syrah (72%), Mourvedre (8%), Cabernet Sauvignon (8%), Grenache (6%), Cinsault (3%), Counoise (3%). Label by Hatch Show Print, an abstract American Flag in honor of the tremendous wine heritage and current practice right here in our great country. Previous vintages have received great ratings. "Yes you can drink rosé and still be a bad ass." 12.99/750 ml.
- Also shown: Charles and Charles Cabernet (68%) Syrah (32%) 2013 is bold, rich and textured but not over the top - it remains wonderfully restrained and focused. 12.99/750 ml.
- Bieler Pere et Fils Sabine Coteaux D'Aix-En-Provence Rosé 2014. Winemaker-owner Charles Bieler named this bright, salmon-hued summer classic after his daughter, Sabine. Aromas are driven by wild strawberry and raspberry with underlying notes of Provencal herbs. The palate is dynamic with bright acidity. Lively, young and fun. Blend: 41% Grenache, 38% Syrah, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Cinsault and 4% Rolle. 12.5% ABV. 12.99/750 ml.
The Kentucky Derby is May 2nd.
- Old Forester Mint Julep 60-proof Ready-to-Serve Cocktail. While Old Forester was introduced in 1870 and the Kentucky Derby in 1875, the 141st Kentucky Derby marks the first time the two long-standing Louisville traditions have come together officially. Lend an authenticity to any Derby party as it's the same product that will be served to race fans on Derby Day, all 120,000 mint juleps. 18.99/Liter. (approximately 13 servings, 2.5-ounce each.)
Cinco De Mayo Ready To Go.
- 1800 Ultimate Margarita Ready-to-drink Cocktail successfully replicates the taste of the ultimate Margarita that is served in your favorite restaurant. Now in Peach and Pineapple. Made with 100% Agave 1800 Silver Tequila. 19.9 Proof, 9.95% ABV. 17.99/1.75 Liter.
A Darn Good Barrel.
- Henry McKenna 10-year old Bond Bourbon Single Barrel #1295. Wine Enthusiast 90-95 points. Delicious old school 100-proof Kentucky Bourbon from Heaven Hill. Come and get it. 32.99/750 ml.
Friday June 5th: Sip, Support & Celebrate 2015 for Team Chad.
- Last year's Sip, Support & Celebrate wine benefit and silent auction event was once again a tremendous success. We set new records for money raised and number of attendees. Now it's just about time to get your tickets for this year's event which will be held on Friday, June 5th, 2015. Save that date on your calendar.
- Taste more than 50 different wines. Bid on exclusive items. Delicious heavy Hors D'Ourves. Valet parking provided. At Richland Country Club.
Ed Young: A Lot More In Store (Since the Remodeling).
- After years of shopping at the same store, did you ever go down a strange aisle and find things you didn't even know they had? That happened to me recently - even on such familiar ground as Frugal's. Well, at least I have an excuse. Since the remodeling last summer, Frugal sells a lot of things I didn't know about, and that you may not know about either. Read it here.